- In September 2016, Bill Gates invested in Plantrose technology that will enable cost-advantaged building blocks for chemicals & polymers.
- In November 2015, at the Paris Summit, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and President Obama along with 150 world leaders agreed to climate control via reduction of fossil fuels.
- On October 27, 2014, President Obama announced BIO-BASED Materials as 1-of-3 emerging technologies for U.S. competitiveness.
While most major corporations around the world have supported improvements in Environmental Impact & Sustainability via several routes, some break-through concepts have lately begun to materialize. For example:
- Reducing as well as Capturing and Converting the harmful greenhouse gases (CO2 and CH4) into chemicals; and
- Converting land & forest waste into chemicals. These chemicals serve as Building-Blocks for plastics, thus taking environment / sustainability efforts to new heights.
Join us to witness how the field of Polymers & Chemicals is being rejuvenated via "Non-Fossil Raw-Materials that are Biobased-Sustainable or Air-Land Pollutants”; thereby leading to preservation of petroleum resources, reduction of air / land / water pollution, and utilization of waste as raw materials.
About the OrganizerDr. Yash P. Khanna, recipient of two international awards in the areas of Plastics and Analytical Sciences, has over 40 years of highly diversified industrial experience. His career is credited with over 120 research publications, 25 U.S. patents, Society of Plastics Engineer’s International “Engineering/Technology” Award (2001) and North American Thermal Analysis Society’s Fellowship (1988) and its highest honor, the International Mettler Award (1997).